During the time period from Feb. 12 through March 11, officers from the Seymour Police Department answered 186 calls for service, issued 33 traffic warnings and 42 summons, while eight people were booked into the Webster County Jail in Marshfield.
Calls during this period included:
• Animal complaint from Garfield Street.
• Sgt. Davis went with Sheriff Roye Cole to a meeting with the state senators and state representatives in regards to criminal sentencing issues, and Second Amendment issues were also discussed.
• Hay in roadway.
• Report of illegal burning on Court Street.
• Suspicious activity after hours at South Park; male subject contacted and asked to leave the park.
• Caller said their water was frozen, advised Seymour’s city utilities.
• Assist for medical call on Thoroughfare Street. Feb. 15
• Thoroughfare and Frances streets, animal complaint, dog was only outside temporarily on a leash to go to the bathroom.
• Medical assist on Garfield Street.
• Assisted city utilities in blocking traffic for water-line break.
• Male cited for doing donuts in the Seymour High School parking lot in the snow.
• Slide off on U.S. 60.
• Attempt to locate suspect at McDonald’s wanted by Wright County, gone on arrival.
• Report about scam phone calls.
• Male cited for doing donuts in parking lot of the Seymour First Baptist Church on Mack Road.
• Slide off on Steel Street.
• Slide off on Center Avenue.
• Made contact with parties involved in ongoing civil dispute, advised them to contact an attorney.
• Report of shovel stolen on South Frances Street.
• Report of two suspicious people at Dollar General.
• Traffic stop on Main and Garfield streets, male arrested for driving while suspended.
• Out at Southern Webster County Fire Protection District’s fire house for ceremony, assisted with traffic control.
• Assault investigation, unfounded.
• South Division Street, assist with medical call.
• Division and Steel streets, female arrested for driving while suspended.
• Anderson Street, looking for male who had several warrants.
• Male cited for running stop light at U.S. 60 and Clinton Avenue and no valid license, passenger had a valid license and was allowed to drive the vehicle.
• Male arrested on warrant at Price Cutter parking lot.
• In early morning hours, backed up Webster County deputy on traffic stop at U.S. 60 and Highway C; male passenger gave fake name, arrested on a parole violation warrant.
• Non-injury accident on U.S. 60.
• Male subject was doing donuts in field by the South Park, warning issued.
• Traffic stop on Steel Street, male arrested on warrants, methamphetamine was located.
• Traffic accident occurred on Highway BB.
• Dog running loose on Steel Street.
• Noise complaint from Ventura Drive.
• Domestic disturbance on Kanel Street, male was gone, female declined to press charges.
• Traffic stop on Clinton Avenue, male cited for no valid license and possession of THC wax.
• Report of SUV doing donuts near field by South Park.
• Call on Ventura Drive, female threw her neighbor’s cell phone into the toilet on purpose, cited for property damage.
• Multiple calls from male on Ventura Drive reference dispute with neighbors, it was his cell phone damaged the day before. Harassment report taken.
• Call from the Mountain Grove Police Department in reference to a male arrested there.
• Wrong-way driver on U.S. 60.
• Funeral escort.
• Juvenile contacted at Family Dollar for stealing his grandma’s money.
• Abandoned vehicle on city property on Thoroughfare Street, no license plates, towed.
• Assisted Ozark Police Department looking for a missing juvenile.
• Report of child abuse, investigation initiated.
• Investigation on Rhodes Avenue, assisted DFS. (See separate story in this week’s newspaper.)
• The Webb City Police Department called regarding two people arrested, vehicle they were driving came back to a different couple in Seymour. Our officer contacted the owners who had sold the vehicle a year ago.
• Male arrested on a traffic warrant at probation office.
• Noise complaint on Ventura Drive.
• Summit Avenue, attempt to locate a male with a warrant.
• Assisted motorist at U.S. 60 and Clinton Avenue, car overheated.
• U.S. 60 and Highway C, call about male and female possibly intoxicated, male was not driving, female was sober.
• Male arrested for probation-violation warrant who admitted he just shoplifted, as well.
• Assisted the Missouri Department of Senior Services on Puryear Street.
• Ongoing issues on Ventura Drive between two neighbors.
• Davis Street, female transported to hospital.
• Incident on Preston Hollow Road, two vehicles collided, one male arrested.
• Motor-vehicle collision, U.S. 60 and Loveland Street.
• Male riding ATV on B Street, warning given.
• Report of deceased duck on Clinton Avenue.
• Backed up a deputy on a traffic stop on Summit Avenue.
• Warned two males about dumping debris/construction trash on city property.
• Female was arrested on an assault warrant on Park Street. (See separate story.)
• Puryear and Davis streets, male cited for dog running loose.
• Court Street, burn barrel in yard with trash burning, unattended and in violation of burn ordinance, citations issued.
• Called to back up state trooper on North Commercial Street, male subject had resisted arrest.
• Medical call at Subway parking lot.