A new coed softball league is scheduled to begin this Friday evening. Come in to the YMCA to get signed up. The cost is $200 per team. Games will be played on Friday nights at Seymour’s South Park starting at 6:30 pm. Some games may be later, depending on the temperatures.
The Seymour YMCA recently received a grant from the MFA Oil Foundation for $1,500 to put toward the continuing education laptop program!
Kaci Mitchell, facility director, Chad Watson, CEO, and Joanne Coutchie, the YMCA board president, were in attendance to receive the award last Thursday in Rogersville.
The Seymour Sharks currently are practicing on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at our pool. If your child is interested in participating, come sign up!
Remember, the Seymour YMCA is open seven days a week for your convenience. If you have any questions, call the facility at 417-935-2177.
We also have daily postings on Facebook, so check us out for schedules and up-to-date events.
If there is something you would like to see on our Facebook page, give me (Kaci) a call.
Coming In October:
• Girls’ volleyball is coming in October. Registration forms will be out soon, so if your daughter would be interested in playing in this new program, forms will be available at the YMCA and on our Facebook page.
• Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
• Water Aerobics: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.
• Lap Club: During regular business hours. (M-W-F, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
• Open Swim: M-W-F, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Sharks Practice: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 to 8:30 p.m.
• Therapy Pool: Open during regular business hours.
• Silver Sneakers: M-W-F, 9 a.m.
• Power Fitness: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 to 8 p.m.
• Zumba: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 to 7 p.m.
• Line Dancing: Mondays, 7:30 p.m.
• Swim Lessons: Mondays and Fridays, 6 p.m.
• Gymnastics: Wednesdays, 5 to 6 p.m.
• Sharks: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 to 8 p.m.