During the time period from Nov. 8 through Nov. 28, the Seymour Police Department answered 180 calls for service, issued 16 warnings, 30 tickets and 10 people were booked into the Webster County Jail.
Calls during this period included:
• Check male sitting outside Casey’s on Main Street.
• Escorted cross-country team out of town on their way to state.
• Arrested male subject hiding out in a shed behind a residence on Rhodes Street for warrants and shoplifting.
• Traffic stop on Highway BB and Peightel Street, male arrested for driving while suspended.
• Price Cutter parking lot, male arrested on warrants.
• Checked building, East Clinton Avenue.
• Noise complaint made on Velma Drive, unable to locate noise.
• Checked on motorist on U.S. 60 and Bison Road; they hit a deer.
• Looking for stolen truck and suspect on Walnut Ridge Road; truck and suspect located on Pee Wee Crossing Road, male subject there also arrested on a warrant.
• Medical assist, Casey’s on Loveland Street.
• Out at elementary school for Veterans’ Day program.
• Walk-in, guy was asking about his girlfriend’s mom.
• Out at Seymour High School for Veterans’ Day program.
• Checked well-being on Anderson Street, person was okay.
• Report of truck “doing donuts” in the street by the Mercy Clinic.
• Slide off near Seymour Liquor Store.
• Suspicious person asking for information on Peightel Street, located person on Thoroughfare Street, female working for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services doing a survey.
• Checked well-being on South Division Street, people were okay.
• Douglas County Sheriff’s Department had a vehicle pursuit, looking for the vehicle in our area.
• Juvenile complaint from Rhodes Street.
• Old Lazy Lee’s, someone dumped trash.
• Walk-in reference for someone running people off the roadway a few days before.
• Disturbance on North Main Street.
• Cows in road on Highway C.
• Disturbance on North Main Street.
• Follow-up report on Water Street.
• Traffic stop on Water Street, male cited for fail to register and no insurance, had just been told by an officer not to drive the truck.
• DFS assist.
• U.S. 60, motorist assist, male hit a deer, officer gave him a ride home.
• Female broke the door at Casey’s on Loveland Street after getting mad her card wouldn’t work and being asked for I.D. to buy cigarettes.
• Traffic stop on Clinton Avenue at the cemetery, four males in car, marijuana located.
• Assisted deputy, located the vehicle from earlier in the week that Douglas County had been a pursuit with.
• Webster County deputy in pursuit of vehicle on Highway A, vehicle wrecked.
• Property damage and past assault was reported on North Main Street.
• DFS assist.
• Bogus call about a fight at the high-school parking lot.
• Suspicious male contacted at McDonald’s.
• Forrest Road, female stated the suspicious male from yesterday at McDonald’s was loitering in parking lot on Forrest Road.
• Traffic stop on West Clinton Avenue, male was arrested on warrant.
• Traffic stop on Davis Street and Puryear Street, female arrested on warrants.
• U.S. 60 at Bison Road, van in ditch, driver was having medical problems.
• Assisted deputy with domestic assault on Stave Mill Lane.
• Kids from the Victory Academy toured the police station.
• West Ventura Drive, male subject arrested on five outstanding warrants.
• Report on South Commercial Street, female called because screen was torn on her abandoned building and a dead cat was found inside.
• 738 Water Street, looking for suspect in a possible assault, with the patrol and deputy, suspect was located by a deputy on Highway Z.
• Juveniles contacted in a parking lot across from YMCA, two had been in a fight and some tobacco products were confiscated.
• Assist with person hit by train near Highway Z.
• Assault on West Steel Street.
• Funeral escort.
• Out at high school during pep rally.
• Medical assist made at El Patron.
• Shoplifting at the Price Cutter.
• Dog running loose on Park Street.
• A passerby called to report a horse eating grass in someone’s yard.
• Dog running loose on Lorraine Street.
• Disturbance on Highway BB, turned out to be a dispute about personal property, which led to another call later in the day on Garfield Street, same dispute was going on.
• A truck bumped the building at Hot Spot.
• Disturbance on Rhodes Street.
• Medical assist on Cordie Street.
• A suspicious person reported on Melinda Street, investigation ongoing.
• Assisted the Marshfield Police Department by looking for stealing suspects in Seymour.
• West Ventura Drive, follow up.
• Casey’s on Loveland Street, female arrested for DWI (drugs) and careless-and-imprudent driving.
• Walk-in reference for a medical call from yesterday.
• Report of phone scam.
• Ongoing investigation.
• Search warrant at 536 West Ventura Drive, drugs and paraphernalia located.
• MVA, U.S. 60 at Oaklawn Road.
• Death on Thoroughfare Street.
• Report of property damage, happened in the county, forwarded to deputy.