During the time period of July 23 through Aug. 23, the Seymour Police Department answered 296 calls for service, issued 41 tickets and 65 traffic warnings, while 16 people were booked into the Webster County Jail.
Calls during this period included:
• Disturbance on Rhodes Street.
• Medical assist on Van Every Street.
• Property damage reported on Garfield Street.
• Death on North Frances Street.
• Check well being (CWB) on Thoroughfare Street.
• Assisted citizen on Main Street.
• Walk-in, female asking for water.
• Vehicle pursuit occurred on Highway K, going out of town, female arrested, warrants for parole violation, drugs found in vehicle.
• Motorist was assisted on U.S. 60.
• Property dispute on Garfield Street.
• Female issued citation for trespassing at the Seymour Senior Citizen Housing on Anderson Street.
• Call of a burglary in progress on East Washington Street, turned out to just be someone moving out of a residence.
• Illegal burning at 738 Water Street, citations issued, two arrested on warrants.
• Disturbance/assault on B Street, male transported to hospital.
• Three dogs running loose on Thoroughfare Street, all three taken to the pound.
• Motor-vehicle accident at U.S. 60 and Oaklawn Road.
• Attempt to locate person with a warrant on Ventura Drive.
• Four-wheeler and a dirt bike complaints on B Street and C Street.
• Traffic stop on Division and Anderson streets, black motorcycle no plates, driver had outstanding probationviolation warrants.
• Motorist was assisted on U.S. 60.
• Fire at Hutchens Industries steel plant, no damage to building.
• Male contacted in South Park after closing, had warrants, methamphetamine and burglary tools.
• A walk-in reference to a Social Security warrant scam.
• CWB on Ventura Drive.
• CWB on Thoroughfare Street.
• Trespassing reported on Velma Drive, male told to leave.
• Extra patrol for the ball games at South Park.
• Counterfeit $100 passed to person who sold something off of Facebook.
• Dog running loose on Summit Avenue.
• Caller stated two people were fighting in a business parking lot near U.S. 60, officer checked and their vehicle was just broken down.
• Assisted deputy with a traffic stop on Summit Avenue, drugs located.
• Train disconnected was blocking railroad crossings.
• Juvenile complaint at Division and Thoroughfare streets.
• Assisted the Missouri State Highway Patrol looking for suspect in a hit-and-run MVA on Matney Hollow Road.
• Male subject drunk at Hot Spot.
• Wrong-way driver on U.S. 60, made stop on the vehicle, female driver was high on marijuana, arrested for DWI, drugs, marijuana and methamphetamine were located in the car, also had warrants.
• Van stolen on Enterprise Drive, recovered later in Mississippi.
• Report of illegal burning on Court Street, resident at house was using a barbecue grill.
• Disturbance on Ventura Drive, there was no disturbance, they were just discussing the issue of a broken chair.
• Assisted deputy who was arresting a male on Rhodes Street for an assault on Forrest Road, male allegedly rammed his truck into another vehicle on purpose with people inside it.
• Medical assist at Dollar General.
• CWB on Center Avenue.
• Pony was out on Highway K, rode it back into the pasture.
• O’Reillys Auto Parts called and stated someone is dumping trash in their dumpster.
• Dog running loose on Main Street by Casey’s.
• At school for the open house.
• Arrested female subject for Douglas County.
• Deputy assisted with a medical call on Ventura Drive.
• Stolen R.V. investigation.
• Female asking for money to buy toilet paper, advised her not to panhandle.
• Contact with three suspicious people on Garfield Street.
• Saw female fall backwards into a dumpster while she was trying to get out of it in the alley behind the square, stopped and she was okay.
• Male arrested for driving while revoked.
• Assisted Webster County with an assault investigation and arrest.
• Illegal burning reported on Rhodes Street, advised the male there of burning ordinance.
• Dog was loose on East Washington Street.
• Property dispute on Ventura Drive, advised parties it was a civil situation.
• Medical assist call at McDonald’s.
• Traffic stop on Commercial and Market streets, male arrested on warrant.
• Court Street, citation was issued for junk/debris on property.
• Female called to report something that had allegedly happened in Wright County, advised her to call Wright County Sheriff’s Department.
• Hay bales fell off a semitrailer on U.S. 60
• Male was arrested for warrants on Hillcrest Street.
• Domestic disturbance on Summit Avenue, both were arrested.
• Female was arrested for driving while revoked.
• Disturbance on Ernest Lane, female arrested.
• Disturbance on A Street, female arrested.
• Residential fire call on Star Road.