During the one-month period between Oct. 7 and Nov. 7, the Seymour Police Department responded to 320 calls for service, issued 54 warnings, 54 tickets and arrested 12 people who were booked in at the Webster County Jail in Marshfield.
Calls during this time for Seymour officers included the following:
• Checked well being on Davis Street.
• Stealing at Casey’s.
• Looked for vehicle that was stolen in the county.
• Dog running loose on Hyde Street.
• Follow-up investigation on a fraud case.
• Interviewed a suspect in stealing from Casey’s.
• Female left her stuff in the road on Anderson Street.
• Disturbance reported on East Clinton Avenue.
• Traffic stop on Center Avenue, male had marijuana.
• Checked well being on West Clinton Avenue, male passed out drunk in ditch, transported by Cox.
• Female riding “hover board” at McDonald’s fell and hit head, Cox contacted.
• Early morning hours, male walking on Steel Street, arrested on multiple warrants.
• Assisted the Springfield P.D. in theft case which happened there; suspects live in Seymour.
• Car leaving address on Water Street, stolen license plates, male driver arrested, also had suspended driver’s license.
• Dispatched to U.S. 60 east bound for a car all over roadway, traffic stop was made past Pee Wee Crossing Road at request of Webster County sheriff’s deputy, the female having medical problems while driving.
• Group of people acting suspicious in Casey’s, early morning hours, investigation lead to solving ongoing shoplifting and information helped the Webster County Sheriff’s Department solve a burglary that happened just outside the city limits.
• Assisted Greene County looking for stolen property in the city limits, investigation shows property had possibly been here, but it had been moved.
• Disturbance at Casey’s on Loveland, male trespassed at store.
• Juvenile male contacted at Family Dollar attempting to steal candy, transported to parent.
• Assisted sheriff’s department on burglary.
• Walk-in complaint about speeding on North Main Street.
• Call at 2nd Amendment Guns, suspicious people in parking lot.
• Assisted the county in making warrant arrest.
• Follow-up investigations.
• Four-wheeler and a dirt bike riders attempted to evade officer near B Street, contacted at residence there, one male was arrested.
• Responded to Seymour High School for an out-of control student.
• Responded to the high school for a fight.
• Traffic stop on Loren Street, male arrested for burglary, turned over to Webster County detective.
• Traffic stop on U.S. 60, assisted deputy who stopped a semi truck all over the roadway, he was watching T.V. on his phone while driving.
• Motorist assist on Loveland Street.
• Dog chasing a buggy, dog put in the pound.
• Called to after-school fight between juveniles.
• Male arrested at the Hot Spot on warrants.
• Traffic stop at McDonald’s, male arrested on DWI.
• Assisted with roll-over wreck U.S. 60 at Memory Lane near Fordland.
• Patrolled baseball games at the South Park.
• Early morning hours, traffic stop made at the high-school parking lot, female passenger arrested on parole warrant.
• Patrolled churches.
• Report of a past assault in Seymour, unfounded.
• Medical assist on Thoroughfare Street.
• A counterfeit $100 bill found at business on the square.
• Traffic stop on ClintonAvenue, warning given forsquealing tires when leavinghigh school.
• Cow in road, Highway K and Ventura Drive.
• Male arrested at Summit Avenue and Water Street walking, methamphetamine is located, suspect is in theft and burglary investigations.
• Called out in county on Highway C for a “burglary in progress,” it was a misunderstanding, someone was wanting to buy the vacant house, but they didn’t know it had been sold.
• Casey’s on Loveland female acting strangely.
• Dog loose at intersection of highways K and BB, took it to the pound.
• Steel Street, male was arrested on a warrant.
• Female called about ongoing domestic issues on A Street.
• Warrant arrest on Water Street.
• Assisted the patrol with traffic stop on U.S. 60.
• Report of stolen bicycle, owner found it near their residence.
• Report of a suspicious male at Casey’s on Loveland, it was a person having car trouble.
• Report of a female trespassing at Family Dollar.
• Warning for illegal burning on Center Street.
• Responded to North Cordie Street for call about a dog being abused, contacted the Missouri Humane Society, and they sent an investigator, dog was not being abused.
• Domestic disturbance on Summit Avenue, male was arrested for assault.
• Male causing issues at Subway, was trespassed.
• DFS assist.
• Male contacted at storage units on Clinton Avenue, was uncooperative.
• Follow-up investigation.
• Officers worked at the “Trunk-Or-Treat” event on the city square.
• Sex-offender Halloween compliance checks.
• Assisted county deputy in Diggins with a disturbance.
• Report of lost property.
• Assisted agency, passed information to the Marshfield Police Department, re: drug activity.
• Picked up hypodermic needle on railroad tracks on Center Avenue.
• Assisted with road-rage incident on U.S. 60 until a deputy arrived.
• Traffic stop, Casey’s on Loveland, male issued tickets for no driver’s license.
• Horse was out on Water Street, owner contacted.
• Disturbance on Ventura Drive, unfounded.
• Report of four-wheeler stuck on railroad tracks, unfounded.
• Suspicious car reported on Matney Hollow Road, contacted male on parole, said they were using the phone.
• Checked well being on Peightel Street.
• Rolling disturbance on Steel Street.
• Officers called to the Walgreens, medical tubing found on sidewalk.
• Disturbance at motel on Clinton Avenue, male was arrested for peace disturbance.
• Suspicious male reported at Casey’s on Main Street, investigation ongoing.
• Two juveniles contacted who were attempting to gain access to the locked bathrooms at South Park, which are now closed for the winter season.