During the time period from March 4 through March 29, the Seymour Police Department answered 223 calls for service, issued 17 warnings, 22 summons, and four people were booked into the Webster County Jail in Marshfield.
Calls during this period included:
• Dog was loose on Center Avenue.
• Wrong-way driver on U.S. 60, unable to locate.
• Barking dog on Garfield Street.
• Called for a suspicious person on the square, he was a painter working on a building after hours.
• Checked well being on Hillcrest Street.
• Disturbance reported on Star Road at Byler Bulding Supply; female assaulted, male led officers and deputies on pursuit and went back into the store and was arrested inside.
• DFS assist.
• Dispatched to U.S. 60 to remove a mattress from roadway.
• Motorist assist on U.S. 60 at Clinton Avenue.
• Male subject advised officer he found his stolen vehicle.
• DWI arrest.
• South Division Street, report of stealing, victim did not want to press charges if property was returned; three suspects were trespassed from the property.
• Dispatched to U.S. 60 to watch for a “rolling domestic,” people fighting in vehicle coming from Rogersville, we did not locate in Seymour.
• Report of illegal burning on South Division Street, warning given.
• Assisted Webster County deputy, investigation into a vehicle pursuit, located video footage of suspect in Seymour the night before at a gas station in the same vehicle, which fled from deputies the night before.
• Deputies were in another vehicle pursuit, Seymour officer assisted by watching for the vehicle near Highway A and U.S. 60, vehicle was later found abandoned.
• Follow-up reference on unlicensed vehicles on North Frances Street.
• Assisted Missouri state trooper on a traffic stop on East Clinton Avenue.
• Assisted deputy on traffic stop at U.S. 60 at Oaklawn Road.
• Assisted deputy with traffic stop at Subway, male arrested on warrants.
• Attempting to locate a male with outstanding warrants.
• Dog running loose on Park Street.
• Missouri state trooper and Webster County deputy requested help from all available officers for an out-of- control person at the gas station in Fordland.
• Report of vehicle being stolen.
• East Summit Avenue, trespassing call.
• Assisted deputies, male shot in Fordland.
• East Summit Avenue, call about harassment.
• Dog bite on Thoroughfare Street.
• Male trespassing on Hyde Street, citation issued, male removed from the property.
• Officers called to U.S. 60 to watch for stolen vehicle leaving Rogersville; it was located near Rogersville at a residence by deputies.
• Looking for a shooting suspect, incident had occurred near Marshfield.
• Dog loose at Park Street and South Division Street.
• Motor-vehicle accident on U.S. 60 near Lynch Drive.
• DFS assist.
• Garfield Street, looking for loose dog.
• Assisted the MSHP with wreck on U.S. 60 at PeeWee Crossing Road.
• Power out on Clinton Avenue, contacted electric department.
• Watching for a vehicle, suspect left in from a disturbance in Diggins.
• Traffic stop on Clinton Avenue, male arrested on a seatbelt warrant.
• Shoplifting at Casey’s on Loveland Street.
• Business on North Division Street, warning to remove gambling machines.
• Assist deputy at U.S. 60 and Skyline Road on traffic stop, male arrested on warrant.
• Female causing a disturbance at Shetler’s Grocery Store on Highway C by yelling in the parking lot, this is the same female who dropped her burrito at Taco Bell on Feb. 4, possibly on some type of drugs; male subject in the back seat of the truck with her had a felony probation violation warrant and he was arrested.
• Information about a stolen vehicle from Seymour, recovered in Springfield.
• Semi got stuck trying to turn onto Clinton Avenue from Steel Street.
• Stealing call, reference to stolen license plates.
• Sgt. Davis spoke with law-enforcement coordinator from Missouri Department of Homeland Security, reference coronavirus.
• Emergency city council meeting in reference to coronavirus.
• Assisted deputy with traffic stop, at U.S. 60 and PeeWee Crossing Road.
• Assisted with motor-vehicle accident, Highway K at Oaklawn Road, rollover with entrapment.
• Assisted fire department, gas leak found on McMahan Street.
• Three car fender benders at stoplight on U.S. 60 at Loveland Street, referred report to the MSHP.
• Motor-vehicle accident, U.S. 60 at PeeWee Crossing Road, assisted deputy.
• Assisted deputy with traffic stop at Casey’s on Loveland Street.
• Suicidal person on East Clinton Avenue, female attempted to overdose on pills, sent with Cox EMS.
• Report of a past stealing on East Anderson Street.
• Medical assist on road off of Highway C, male accidently shot in the leg.
• Assisted deputy on Burnett Road, disturbance two people fighting, firearms involved, one person was arrested.
• On Rhodes Street, male found drugs in house he had moved into, site of a former drug residence.
• Advised to watch for a careless driver on U.S. 60.
• Spoke with someone reference their loose dog causing property damage.
• Report of shoplifting at Family Dollar.
• Information from deputy about stolen vehicles.
• Unattended death on South Peightel Street, natural causes.
• Phone call from senior services asking about someone, advised they were in jail.
• School-resource officer looking for a juvenile, asked us to look for him, too.
• U.S. 60, truck hit a turkey.
• Call of a male lying near rail road tracks near Short Road, contacted him walking west of there.
• Male trespassing at Dollar General, citation issued, arrested on probation warrant.
• U.S. 60 east of Oaklawn Road, driver of car ran off road in the fog.
• Complaint of juvenile riding four-wheeler on Garfield Street, parents contacted.
• Checked well being on Ventura Drive.
• Report of domestic abuse.
• Follow up about dogs running loose.
• Checked Casey’s for a vehicle involved in a disturbance.
• Abandoned vehicle, U.S. 60 near Killdeer Road.
• Someone found a dog, took it to the pound.
• Driver having medical issues near Price Cutter.
• Steel Street, medical assist.
• Towed an abandoned vehicle on U.S. 60.
• Checked on someone at Skyline Road and U.S. 60, flat tire.
• Burglary report, suspect contacted, investigation is ongoing.